1. circle the key words.
2. decide how many paragraphs you need
3. decide on the paragraph topics.
Some children have bad manners these days. Some people think teachers are responsible while others blame parents.
discuss both sides and give your point of view.
1. circle 'manners', 'teachers' and 'parents'. Now we are sure you will respond to the key points. (you will also check these words as you write your paragraphs, but more on that in another post)
2. question says 'discuss both' that's 2 paragraphs and 'your pov'. that's another. So, you need 3.
3. you know the topic for both the 'teacher' paragraph and the 'parents' paragraph. Now, think a bit about why? For 'teachers', they are with kids all day. For 'parents', they are with the kids until 4. These are formative (making the personality) years.
Now, you just need to give your opinion in the 3rd paragraph (i'm not counting the intro here) but you can think about that later, it's easy.
Finally, you are ready to start writing your topic sentence. You DO NOT need to copy the question. I know teacher tell you to, but it makes no sense, and it is unnecessary.
Example topic sentence for this essay: 'Teachers and parents play a crucial role in a child's development'. That's a fact, we all agree, and it introduces the topic cleanly. A simple sentence, SVO. It's correct, the examiner understands it, and there is no confusion.
Benefits of this system
1. You are well on your way to a good mark!
2. examiner is happy
3. you gain confidence.
4. it is easy to do.
5. You have a full essay plan.
6. all you have to do now is explain those ideas.